My Photo
Name:
Location: South Bend, Indiana, United States

I enjoy life and most often the simple things in it.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Just read the post

The title of this blog has never been more true than it is right now. While I love reading up on my friends lives, I'm getting tired of how damn depressing everything is. Where are the fun and lively bunch I know? I read these blogs full of emotion and pain and think of how this is all relationship caused. They have problems I dont have, and they seem completely and utterly crushed by them. One of my friend's problems are so great that I mourn for him, because he once had love, but has now lost it. He looks for it again with others, but remembers the good times he had with "her" and tries to go back, regardless of how unforgivable her actions. I look forward to one day having someone to walk with, talk with, be with, even raise children with, but is this what relationships are really like? Would my life with someone be so riddled with fights and nasty comments? Pain? I look at my mother, who has no one except me. I see her relationships and what went wrong in them, how her faults as a person have presented problems. But how can a 17 year old, her own child, tell her what she is doing wrong? I see my dad, and the things about him that drove mom away. But then I see how he found someone to be with, and I look at the good aspects of their relationship. I want that laughter and banter someday with my wife. I look at how well my extended family gets along, but even my grandmother (who has more class, yes class, than anyone I know) had to put up with immense difficulties from my grandfather (may he rest in peace). So many problems, and all of them seem insurmountable. Then I read stories about the power of love. The love is perfect, and the problems are small and insignificant when compared with the ones of the real people I care about. How is love supposed to go? Can the faults of a person be fixed, like the man with a temper problem? Can the woman who is weak willed be made to be strong enough to stand on her own? Can the feeling of love between two people be so great as to counter all negative... everything, for time as great as a lifetime? What faults can love live with, and what is too wrong to be ignored? Now that is a question.


To any of my friends who I have attempted to give advice to:
I hope the first few lines of this post do not lead you to think this is a complaint about you "griping" to me about your problems. I enjoy lending help and whatever else people need, whenever they need it. I am glad you have trusted me with your private feelings so I could listen and try to ameliorate. I feel honored and thank you for thinking enough of me as a friend to bring your troubles to me.

4 people who have defaced my blog:

Blogger Riot Grrrl said...

wowee...you know, sometimes you amaze me. it's not often that people amaze me, but you took the cake w/ this last blog...(literally? do u like cake? lol) Love is one of those things that kills us emotionally and makes us feel pain like we have never felt before, but people keep falling in love because of those moments of pure happiness in between all the mess, where life has this sparkling clarity and you feel like you could have anything you ever hoped for. As for the "lively bunch" just wait till school starts...speaking for myself, i know i get much more melodramatic when i have nothing else to occupy my mind but relationships and the occasional odd tennis match. We are coming back to you alex, i promise! lol

1:43 PM  
Blogger God Hates Kittens said...

I think that you taking this way too seriously. You are very young so you need to understand that you will not always think like this and that it gets easier when you get older (assuming you learn from your mistakes and others). I had some volatile relationships when I was younger like everyone else but now I never fight with my girlfriends and I know which women to avoid now place because I had already gone through all that. Relationships can be easy if you are with the right person but you should never think you can change a person, they are who they are so either deal with it or leave them and find someone else (always an option if you are not happy). You should check out the askmen.com site, I found it pretty helpful on the man's point of view on these things.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Thanks, Robert for the insight, but if i dont take the things in my life seriously, doesnt it become just a joke?

5:46 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Dude... u should write a book, u have a gift with explaining yourself that i can only dream of. O and i just want to thank you for always being there to give me some advice whether or not i want to hear it.

Mike

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home