My Photo
Name:
Location: South Bend, Indiana, United States

I enjoy life and most often the simple things in it.

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Winning the Lottery

Wow, work rocked today so here's the story from the beginning. I didnt want to go to work today but got there, and my boss gave me hell for my pants being too long (mainly because they are frayed and look terrible, but cmon, they're pants). I was going through the motions of bussing, waiting for Hernan to get here and help me out in the dining room. Now for some background knowledge: Hernan is hispanic, and completely rocks at bussing. He could do the whole restaurant by himself during a rush with less complaints from the servers than i get in the dining room when we are kind of busy. I knew when he got there, my job would become infinitely less difficult. So he shows up and as usual, he is in top form. I somehow found it in the depths of myself (depths of my soul is too cliche) to keep up with demi-god and we just clicked into auto-pilot. I helped him, he helped me, and we worked together to do things much faster than one of us could do alone. It was incredible. The whole night, i didnt have a care in the world. Everything was covered, instantly. If a person left, their table was clean as soon as humanly possible. I didnt have to wonder whether or not a server was suddenly going to come tell me "i need you to get 2 of my tables". Because of the freedom of mind, my mood soared. I felt great, and even managed to find myself singing the whole night. I shit you not. Several servers were treated to excellent renditions of "Carry On My Wayward Son" and "Sweet Child O' Mine". One of the servers stared at me in awe as, after stating how she liked the song "Dust in the Wind" (Yes, I like Kansas), my vocal chords began projecting a number of notes and lyrics somewhat representing the song. She looked at me like i just won the lottery, or maybe more like i just threw away the winning lottery ticket... one of the two. I found this hilarious along with the various reactions i received, and I was untouchable. Nothing, even when the customers started throwing food at me, could move my "having fun" meter even the smallest of notches. Not even the fact that i cannot understand what Hernan says, not even the 1st trash run, or the 2nd one (both utterly disgusting by definition), or the fact that i only made 22 dollars in tips when on my cloud 9 (I made 27 last night), could phase my mood. Even now, i sit in my chair (no longer singing, but instead enjoying the musical ventures of others) a happy man. What a cool feeling. I think the next post will be rather immediate in coming...

0 people who have defaced my blog:

Post a Comment

<< Home