My Photo
Name:
Location: South Bend, Indiana, United States

I enjoy life and most often the simple things in it.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

FINE....... I SHALL POSTE

YeSh so i gUess I hAd bettEr posT lest I fACe the hoLY Hand greNAde of AnTiocH. gEEz. ANy THouGhtS? no. AhH, thiS onE looks GOOd. I tinhk I'll tpye lkie tihs for alhiwe, jsut to add a bit of alulre to the txet. Nah, that's way hard. So the is weird capital thing. I would just like to point out that is what my writing looks like when threadless and forced.

How 'bout them Yankees?...Enough, time for real, meaningful, and intriguing thoughts.






....Wow, that was really amazing. I think my mind just expanded several fold in that long, long interval of thought. Isn't nice when you can connect with yourself?
(oh my, I have stumbled onto a tangible topic for discussion)

Peace and Quiet
I really enjoy alone time. I find that during school I tend to seek time away from people and sit and for once not utterly waste my time. Yesterday during 10th period we had a sub (and therefore a study hall) and I left saying "I would like to go talk with Mr Vangoey". I headed in his direction (he has 10th period class-less) and found Mrs. Hatfield talking with him so I snuck quickly and quietly away. I could find no shelter anywhere in the upstairs hallways until I realized that the chapel was empty. I headed in there (with all due reverence I assure you) and just sat enjoying my time. I thought about my current standpoint with God (I and came to a conclusion), about how I dislike the bureaucracy of Marian, and all kinds of things. Sometimes I leave lunch early and head to my next class (which is empty) and sit there enjoying the quiet. Sometimes VanGoey comes in and we just talk. He understands my appreciation of peace and we get along well. I think you would be surprised at how understanding the Marian staff can be if you just explain your point of view. For all Marian's pitfalls, I like it here.

11 people who have defaced my blog:

Blogger Alex said...

HAHAHAA im firsts!!!!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Alone time can be great but it can also get sickining when in excess. Boredom kicks in and you find yourself staring at nothingness, thinking of all the other things you could be doing (I think your cat does this often). In any case it's too bad that you're getting so attatched to Marian because in a short 10 weeks you will leave it to head off to a much larger school full of hustle and bustle known as UofM and 4 years after that dun duun duuun... THE REAL WORLD (this reminds me of a Dr. Suess book). So anyway, I advise that you enjoy your time at marian, while it lasts.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

I usually skip lunch or leave lunch early, and head to the chapel. Believe it or not, I'm rather introverted. I tend to enjoy peace and quiet and serenity and tranquility and all that lovely stuff far more than bustling social scenes. In any case, the chapel is a great place to duck into now and then. I don't always pray when I go there, though I try, but it does help to sort out one's thoughts!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Yep, peace is sweet.

leahciM

9:52 AM  
Blogger Phydeauxs99 said...

Isolation is the key to innovation.
It doesn't matter what your working on but you get more work done by yourself. Whenever you try to write and essay with someone else there it just doesnt work. We also need isolation to worry about our own problems so we can fix them.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Riot Grrrl said...

being alone can be both comforting and scary. i guess it just depends on your mood. i wouldnt know, the most alone time i get is when i put my headphones on in my house. usually i am surrounded by my parents, sister, friends, etc. it is nice to have room to breathe sometimes, but i wouldn't tell any of those people to go away, because i would inevitably miss them.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Well, Dutlag, with some things teamwork and other people are key.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Phydeauxs99 said...

Im talking about isolation being the key when they are not working on the same thing you are. If they are just there for company, you get less done.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

...*fidgets* *fidgets* *fidgets* *flips*

Too many spelling errors in one paragraph... I can't take it! :)

1:59 PM  
Blogger Abracadabra05 said...

Wow its amazing to me that ur blog attracts sooo many readers...its like everyone was waiting for you to blog and then you did and everyone went comment crazy! Im not saying its a bad blog and surprised that it got comments, i jsut find it amusing that your blog seems to be the only one people really look forward to reading, and you barely post...i guess you just like to leave people wanting more or something lol... anyways alone time, yes, what wonderful time spent. Its nice just to be away from everyone for awhile just to get to know yourself more. All day we get to know others but kind of lose who we are along the way. Its nice just to have time just ponder whatever it is thats on your mind. I dont really know if my alone time really counts for alone time because im usually listening to music for hours on end but its still my escape from the day...okay one more thing and im done with my tedious comment: Im glad to see that you have realized that you like it at marian. I too find most of the staff and teachers to be really supportive and people who you can have real conversations with without being persecuted for having different views on things. Its hard to believe that our time at Marian is coming to an end. It may be a time a complete jubliation for others, but for me its very bittersweet. While im moving on to bigger and better things, my whole support system isnt moving with me; my friends, my teachers, my family...I certainly hope that the years ahead of us all will be full of excitement, friends, and success!!
Wow i wrote a lot of gibberish...congratulations if you made it this far!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

thanks abby, although im not sure my ego can take the boost without growing too overly large. Ahh well, the price one must pay for fame....

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home