My Photo
Name:
Location: South Bend, Indiana, United States

I enjoy life and most often the simple things in it.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Drama, Drama, Drama

Wow, so today is Sunday; a day for relaxation and fun after a taxing week. I got up at about 2:30, took a shower, had some breakfast, considered mowing the lawn... how great life is. This past week has been crazy though. Play practice every night until around 8:30 for the whole week, then one performance on thursday, two on friday, and two on saturday.

Stop the presses...mom just called and apparently there is an NHS banquet tonight at 6:00 or something. G A Y

Anyway, the days just sort of all ran together with show after show (especially from friday morning to last night) and the final show was especially nuts. The moron freshman kept trying to "be creative" and come up with funny side jokes to do in the play, but they mostly just came out stupid. After the first Act, Dobb came in and told us to knock it off and the some of the cast got a little pissed. The thing that made me mad was that Dobb got a little upset with me because I was one of the cowboys, and it was most of the cowboys who were being stupid. Guilty by association sucks. Tommy actually put his foot down when one of them was going to substitute a machine gun with one of the traditional six guns that the play was supposed to have in it. He grabbed the gun, told him to let go, and glared at him until he did... I was thoroughly entertained. Anyway, the play finished well and afterward at the cast party I went undefeated (a total of nine games) in foosball with Kate (I never found out her last name) as my defense. We even took down the mighty Jayme O'Hara and Adam Gilbert team who went undefeated before us (at a score of 10-9). Kate actually scored like half our goals in that game even playing defense; she kicked ass.
Now that the play is over, im looking forward to having my normal life back, but at the same time I wish we could do a couple more shows. The play really was fun to do, and in between shows or scenes we would all hang out in the band room talking, playing piano/drums and singing. I met some really cool people i hadn't had the chance to know before, and I'm definitely glad I did it.

5 people who have defaced my blog:

Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

Haha I'm glad you had fun. Marian Drama always makes for some good memories. :)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Riot Grrrl said...

hey you! answer the questions on my blog! don't be lazy!!!! hehehe...sry i didnt get to see you, but i'm sure you did fantastical, and you're right, the NHS thing WAS GAY. so long....ugh! ttyl!!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Abracadabra05 said...

I think the play was excellent! You guys all did an awesome job. And its always fun meeting new people. I remember when i never even talked to you or michael or amanda before last summer, but we all became good friends. Oh and by the way you and kate (im thinking her last name is engels but it could be a different one) may have won foosball, but i could easily take you on. I have been known to be undefeated by the 11 year old i babysit for, so take that! lol jk. its pretty sad that i can't beat people my own age lol

9:06 PM  
Blogger Phydeauxs99 said...

Just saying I really like the play. And is the music on your blog from FF7?? I think it is.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Riot Grrrl said...

oh c'mon alex, post once awhile will ya?!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home